Less than 30 miles from Washington, DC and yet protected from the surrounding sprawl, Historic Clifton harkens back to a time when…well, back to a time when people were probably a little more used to expressions like “harkens back.”
The town was originally known as Devereux Station, but in 1868, its name was changed to Clifton Station and later shortened to Clifton. With some of the historic homes dating as far back as 1871 it’s small wonder that the town was declared a National Historic District by the U.S. Department of Interior in 1985.
The small town of about 200, affectionately referred to as the “Brigadoon” of Virginia, has been favored by US Presidents (Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes and Theodore Roosevelt.), First Ladies (Nancy Reagan), Supreme Court justices, Congressmen, Senators, and other notable Washington celebrities
Find a Home in Clifton
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Coldwell Banker Realty participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Realty are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2023 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: May 28, 2023 4:54:pm.